Thursday, January 21, 2010

Boarder of Dominican Republic and Haiti


Boarder of Dominican Republic and Haiti

 
Port.....au Prince

 
Greeting Party.  These Marines are "organizers."  They establish cooperation with locals to manage crowds.

 
A tent camp adjacent to runway.  Crowd a bit squirrelly and occasionally dispersed by waving the sticks. I have video of landing and take-off, but files too large to post right now.

 
4x oxcart with sugar cane.  I was riding in truck at time.

 
Too many like this to post.  The whole town is like this....

 
Many tents made out of tin from roofs.

 
This is the nursing school where I am staying...outside!





3 comments:

  1. thanks for the pics. to see it "first-hand" , all I can say is Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, Graham! How is there any coordination? How do you know when/where to begin? For a gal who talks a bunch, I'm awed into silence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graham,Thanks for these pics.Street scenes especially.Is ther4e a mill somewhere to squeeze the cane juice? Maybe some normalcy (?) returning.Keep The Faith!
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete